Another FO (finished object) combining 2 techniques

I’ve finally finished the Button-Up Neck Warmer from Spin-Off magazine, summer 2009, for which I used my own handspun yarn. As I did not like the wrong side very much, I decided to add a fabric as a lining. I also put 4 buttons that I covered using the same fabric of the lining -also making it a bit warmer! It is a floral cotton print, that has the colours of the fabric + greens + yellows. I really like the results.

I also wanted to make it a bit longer, so the buttons are sewn about 4 inches from the narrow edge, in a diagonal.

The first 2 pictures show the real colour of the fibre.

DSC_3703

DSC_3702

DSC_3693

DSC_3695

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: