Remember these slippers I made a while back? Well… living in an apartment with carpet in almost all rooms, the soles wore out pretty quickly and I ended up having to make a new pair.
I used a Japanese-themed cotton fabric that I got at JoAnn in Buffalo, and for the lining I used a solid brown cotton I had in my stash.
Again, I covered the buttons with the same exterior fabric:
But this time, I made a washable sole that I attached with velcro. For the sole I used some felted knitted fabric I had from my first experiment with felting. I had made a small bag using Lamb’s Pride bulky in a pretty yellow yarn, threw it in the washing machine for a few minutes and obtained a pretty dense knitted fabric… exactly what I needed for these slippers!